Oportunidades de Empleo
Christina Seix Academy provides young children with a nurturing and safe environment, a rigorous academic foundation, and the core values that will enable them to become future leaders in their communities and beyond. We invite you to review our career opportunities and to submit your resume, along with a cover letter to the designated email address at the end of each job description. Below are all of our current openings.
CSA is seeking energetic Associate Teachers for the 2016-2017 school year to work with early childhood grade Lead Teachers to create a nurturing and effective learning Community. Associate Teachers will, under the supervision of the Director of the Primary School and lead teachers, teach, tutor and instruct students, including managing classroom activities, supporting instruction by the lead teacher, and taking an instrumental role in instructing student-athletes in sports skills. Primary responsibilities are all related to instructional activities, including interacting with children and parents to encourage learning activities and collaborating with a seasoned Lead Teacher to plan and implement intellectual activities in alignment with instruction. When needed, Associate Teachers will be expected to take on the role of Lead Teacher, including contributing to and participating in team meetings and professional development opportunities to enhance the quality of the learning environment at the school.
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred, but not required
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree.
- Under supervision of Lead Teacher will teach, tutor and instruct students.
- Enhance the learning environment by assisting with monitoring and supervising all classroom and outdoor activities to assure a safe, healthy, inclusive environment that enhances learning opportunities for all children.
- A willingness to work collaboratively with CSA faculty and families to encourage both formal and informal learning opportunities.
- Assist, when needed, Directors of partnering departments on various educational activities and special projects.
- The ability to creatively engage young students in physical activities and play that build a foundation for learning across all school environments and develop student-athlete skills.
- Associate Teachers report directly to the Director of the Primary school and work closely with the Primary School team.
- A willingness to be actively engaged in all of the learning experiences of the school, including extracurricular activities such as coaching athletic teams and acting as advisors for drama, art, debate or music activities and other extended learning experiences.
- Support the classroom teacher in implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum for a group of 8-10 students.
- Works with instructional staff to design and implement activities, learning experiences, and field trips.
- Possesses the ability to be innovative in creating learning experiences for young children that will activate creativity, cooperation, and a playful environment.
- Lead and assist with the Afternoon Program, including coaching athletic teams and supporting Before and After Care programming including tutoring, homework help, extracurricular activities and other learning opportunities.
- An ideal candidate will be interested in taking part in the academic, athletic, and artistic program.
- Creative, engaging, active, innovative candidates that have a deep interest in supporting learners in various environments.
- A constant learner who reflects on his/her own work, regularly seeking feedback and knowledge to improve his/her teaching practice.
- An ideal candidate that is interested in working closely with an experienced Lead Teacher and general members of the CSA Management Team.
Physical and Emotional Demands:
Work is active; it may require long periods of standing and walking, as well as occasional sitting, reaching at or above shoulder height, twisting, pushing/pulling and stooping/bending/lifting to perform activities with students and staff; must be able to work in an open-concept environment where noise and other activities may at times interfere with concentration. Must be able to alter plans/routines when unexpected, stressful situations and multiple interruptions occur without projecting stress/frustration that would adversely affect the work environment.
CSA, as a condition of employment, requires a comprehensive background check, including a drug-screening, prior to hiring. CSA is a drug-free environment, and random drug-screenings may be required of all employees after hiring.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Christina Seix Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, veteran or handicapped status in its hiring policies.
Interested individuals please send resumes, cover letters, educational philosophy, writing sample, demo lesson, unofficial transcript, and three professional references to the Primary School Director, Ivy Green Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Christina Seix Academy is seeking experienced bus drivers and monitors for the upcoming 2016/2017 school year, with a starting date of July 11, 2016. Drivers that have a CDL with P and S endorsements are preferred. Bus monitors will have the opportunity to obtain their CDL through our in-house training program. The starting hourly rate for drivers is $20.00, hourly rate for monitors is $13.00. A benefits package is available with the positions. Interested persons should contact Director Joseph Juniak at 609-643-0442 or via email at email@example.com